AAU Appoints a New Secretary General
The outgoing President of the AAU Governing Board, Professor Orlando Antonio Quilambo (Rector of Eduardo Mondlane University, Mozambique), has announced the appointment of a new Secretary General for the Association of African Universities effective 1st October 2021.
The Voice of Higher Education in Africa
Supporting the core functions of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs);
Facilitating a favourable HE policy environment
Providing a platform for discussions on emerging issues
Benefits of an AAU Member:
- AAU is a prestigious network that provides a continental platform for its member universities to meet, network, share knowledge, share experiences, broker partnerships and collaborate with each other in a diversity of areas related to their areas of specialization, research interests, teaching and learning.
- Several forums are being promoted within the Association to encourage collaborations by specialization areas and or research interests.
- Access to Publicity through the AAU Television
- Access to diverse partners
- Research Outputs Visibility through the Database of African Theses and Dissertations (DATAD)
- Opportunity to participate in discounted training programs
- Listing in AAU directory of African Higher Education Institutions and Staff
- Special benefits for Staff from AAU Member Institutions the (see attached document)
- Special benefits for students from AAU Member Institutions (see attached document)
- Eligibility for paid up members to apply for various institutional grants
- Eligibility for paid up members to participate in various continental initiatives – e.g. discounted fees for the African Quality Rating Mechanism Institutional Evaluations